10 May 2011

i'm baaaaack!

back in the 'rado as of yesterday. exhausted and sort of jet lagged, but so unbelievably psyched about my iceland adventure. i'm working on sorting my 1400+ pictures now, so hopefully i'll get a few solid posts together over the next few days. for now, here's a little teaser.


skinning up in an unbelievable setting.


kelly being an absolute badass fording the fjord with skis on her back.
we did this a few times, and it was totally surreal.


a close-up of some of the skis we tested. my favorites were the sportivas with the yellow bindings.


also feeling really positive and hopeful about life and my future and the plans i've been making about career possibilities, writing, and travel. i was correct in thinking that iceland would only fuel my fire to travel more, but some surprising happiness and contentment has been coming from my job, and i've been realizing more and more how amazing this opportunity (my job) really is. a "work trip" that involves backcountry camping and skiing in iceland doesn't hurt! so i feel completely satisfied and happy by staying and gaining more experience. this summer is gonna rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...